Malaysia's Best News App

Detailed info still lacking in new travel ruling for students studying abroad

FROM this year, students who receive an offer to study overseas must apply for a travel pass from the Malaysian Immigration Department (JIM).

Based on this new requirement, which took effect on May 17, all new students travelling abroad must apply through the department’s MyTravelPass system.

While new students are required to upload their offer letter on the MyTravelPass system, existing students are required to show their student cards at immigration counters at the point of exit.

This new layer of red tape is no doubt frustrating, as it means that more time and money will be wasted in the effort to fulfil the terms and conditions of the new – and not to mention, very sudden – change in policy.

In this case, the lack of detailed information available on the Immigration Department’s website is also a source of many parents’ grievance. For those opera

reaction1 reaction1
How to Install Newswav
1. Scan the QR code below
1. Tap this button
2. Tap Get / Install in App Store / Google Play
guide 1
3. Go to homescreen & tap on Newswav app
guide 1