
Denise Van Outen has joined DJ Fat Tony and Blue singer Antony Costa in paying tribute to The Only Way is Essex star Jake Hall, who has died aged 35.
On Thursday (7 May), it was announced that the reality TV star had been found dead at a holiday villa in Majorca, Spain.
The 51-year-old shared her fond memories of working with Hall at the Women’s Football Awards on Thursday. She told The Daily Mail: “I’ve worked on the show since it started and with any loss within our TOWIE family it is heartbreaking. But he was so lovely whenever I saw him out and he was so friendly and so talented.”
Van Outen has voiced TOWIE since the series started in 2010. Hall joined the 14th season, which aired in 2015, and remained on the show for three seasons.
“I really feel for his family, my thoughts go out to them, and it is just really sad and he was way too young to go,” said Van Outen.

Theorising on how the ITV show will pay their respects, she added: “I do wonder what TOWIE will do, I think they’ll do a tribute as they’ve lost a few people recently. I was just really really shocked when I saw it.”
Hall’s death follows months after another former TOWIE star, Jordan Wright, was found dead, aged 33, in a drainage ditch in Phuket, Thailand.
Hall, who had previously played for Boston United, was reportedly found by police with fatal head wounds believed to have been caused after smashing through a glass door.
A Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) spokesperson told The Independent: “We are supporting the family of a British man who has died in Spain and are in contact with the local authorities.”
According to the publication, Hall, who has an eight-year-old daughter with model Misse Beqiri, was renting the house in Santa Margalida, where he was staying with six others – four men and two women, who are being questioned by police.
No arrests have been made, but an investigation is underway, being led by the Spanish Civil Guard.

A police source told the outlet: “We are focusing on the theory the victim died in a tragic accident after hitting his head against the glass door, but it is still too early to say definitely what happened.”
A statement shared by model Misse Beqiri’s talent agent read: “At this time, Misse’s focus is on supporting and protecting their child as they come to terms with this devastating loss.
“The family are asking for privacy, compassion and respect while they grieve privately.”
Before his death, Hall shared an Instagram post from Spain, writing: “Life is bollocks sometimes but I’m gonna try remember the good things. Looking through things. I’m just making art – in many forms.”
In recent years, Hall had been managing his clothing brand and working as an artist, while splitting his time between the UK and Spain.
Read MoreThe Only Way is Essex star Jake Hall dies in tragic incident, aged 35
Graham Norton’s ITV show removed from primetime slot after low ratings
David Haye shares plans to sue ITV for ‘way more’ than £10m over I’m a Celeb feud
