Police arrest man suspected of setting 62-year-old Kepong lottery shop worker on fire

19 Aug 2026 • 9:03 AM MYT
Malay Mail
Malay Mail

Latest Malaysia breaking stories on politics, analysis and opinions

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 19 — Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the Aug 9 attack on an elderly woman who was doused with petrol and set alight at a lottery outlet in Taman Pusat Kepong.

Sentul Police acting chief Supt Jasni Zolpa confirmed the arrest when contacted.

“Yes, the suspect has been arrested and a press conference will be held today,” he said.

The elderly woman suffered burns to about 50 per cent of her body after she was doused with a liquid believed to be petrol and set alight at the premises.

Jasni said police were alerted at about 8am that the 62-year-old victim, who worked at the counter, had been attacked by an unidentified man. — Bernama

 

Newswav Malaysia Best News App

Newswav is an online content aggregator and obtains its content from different online sources. The content in the app do not belong to Newswav nor do they reflect the opinions of Newswav and its staff. Your use of this app indicates your understanding and acceptance of this information.

Newswav Sdn. Bhd. (201701008480 (1222645-M)) 2026 All Rights Reserved