Police confirm skeletal remains in gunny sack are human

4 Aug 2026 • 10:07 PM MYT
The Sun Daily
The Sun Daily

For the latest news and features from Malaysia and the rest of the world.

Image from: Police confirm skeletal remains in gunny sack are human

Police confirm skeletal remains found in a gunny sack last month are human, with investigations ongoing.

KANGAR: Police have confirmed that skeletal remains found inside a gunny sack in an orchard opposite a factory here last month were human.

District police chief ACP Yusharifuddin Mohd Yusop said police were working to establish the identity of the deceased while investigating whether foul play was involved.

“The remains have been confirmed to be human. At this stage, the case has been classified as a sudden death report, and investigations are ongoing,” he said in a statement today.

On July 26, police received a report from a man who discovered the gunny sack while spraying weedkiller in his orchard.

Newswav Malaysia Best News App

Newswav is an online content aggregator and obtains its content from different online sources. The content in the app do not belong to Newswav nor do they reflect the opinions of Newswav and its staff. Your use of this app indicates your understanding and acceptance of this information.

Newswav Sdn. Bhd. (201701008480 (1222645-M)) 2026 All Rights Reserved