School stabbing: Male student charged with murder ordered to defend himself

13 Aug 2026 • 12:15 PM MYT
The Vibes
The Vibes

Featuring breaking news & latest stories from every side.

School stabbing: Male student charged with murder ordered to defend himself

A MALE student who was charged with killing a 16-year-old female student at a secondary school in Bandar Utama last year was ordered to enter his defence by the High Court today.

Judge Adlin Abdul Majid ruled this after finding that the prosecution had successfully established a prima facie case against the prosecution in the case.

The matter was informed by lawyer Kitson Foong, who is representing the 15-year-old juvenile accused.

Earlier, the prosecution said it was closing the case with the last 11th witness, namely senior investigating officer Assistant Superintendent Ahmad Zarrin Abd Rashid, having completed his statement.

Among the prosecution witnesses called to testify throughout the proceedings were three children, a school teacher, the victim's mother and a pathologist.

Throughout the proceedings, the prosecution was represented by Deputy Public Prosecutor Raja Zaizul Faridah Raja Zaharudin, Aqharie Durranie Aziz, and Ahmad Iqbal Azman.

The proceedings were held behind closed doors, and only the teenager's family was allowed in the courtroom as it involved a juvenile.

According to the charge, the teenager was allegedly involved in a stabbing incident involving a Form Three student in the girls' toilet at a national secondary school in Bandar Utama, between 9.20 and 9.35 am on October 14, 2025.

The charge was made under Section 302 of the Penal Code, which provides for the death penalty or imprisonment for between 30 and 40 years, and shall be subject to a whipping sentence of not more than 12 lashes if not hanged.

However, under Section 97(1) of the Children's Act 2001, the death penalty cannot be imposed on a person who was a child at the time the offence was committed.

Meanwhile, the prosecution presented almost 100 exhibits throughout the trial, including the knife allegedly used to stab the victim and a notebook from the anime 'Death Note'.

In the incident, the victim was found dead in the school toilet after being suspected of being stabbed repeatedly.

On January 16, the Petaling Jaya Magistrate's Court was told that a psychiatric report confirmed that the teenager was fit to stand trial. – August 13, 2026

Newswav Malaysia Best News App

Newswav is an online content aggregator and obtains its content from different online sources. The content in the app do not belong to Newswav nor do they reflect the opinions of Newswav and its staff. Your use of this app indicates your understanding and acceptance of this information.

Newswav Sdn. Bhd. (201701008480 (1222645-M)) 2026 All Rights Reserved