
A tour boat operator stumbled across a suitcase which contained a decomposing body floating in Sungai Perak near the Sultan Abdul Jalil Shah Bridge (Sayong Bridge) last Friday (Aug 14).
According to NST, the operator, who drives a boat regularly to take tourists on 20-minute sightseeing trips along Sungai Perak in the Kuala Kangsar area, reportedly observed that the suitcase was trapped in shallow waters for several days.
It wasn’t until Aug 14 did he eventually find that parts of a body were sticking out from the suitcase, accompanied by a strong, foul odour.

At 4.24pm, five firefighters from the Kuala Kangsar station turned up at the scene after being alerted of the discovery by police, said Perak Fire and Rescue Department (JBPM) assistant director of operations Sabarodzi Nor Ahmad.
The police forensic unit later arrived at the scene at 6.40pm to carry out initial investigations.
Identity unknown
Police believe the victim, an unidentified woman, had been dead for over a day, based on the advanced state of decomposition.
As of today, no new leads have been found in order to identify the victim or track down the suspect.

Kuala Kangsar district police chief Assistant Commissioner Heisham Harun said despite the setback, investigators aren’t giving up yet and have sent the victim’s fingerprints for checks.
He added that police have not received any missing person report so far and are probing the case under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.
READ ALSO:
Johor Burger Vendor Rebuked By Judge After Pleading Not Guilty To Alleged Rape Of 12yo He Met For 1 Day




