
THE Department of Transportation (DOTr) said Wednesday that transport services were functional in areas affected by typhoons and torrential rains induced by the southwest monsoon.
”Once again, our personnel from LTO (Land Transportation Office), LTFRB (Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board) and PCG (Philippine Coast Guard) and other DOTr front-liners have shown what it truly means to go beyond the call of duty,” Secretary Giovanni Lopez said. ”I am grateful for their unwavering dedication and continued service for the sake of our commuters,” he added.Lopez said all concerned agencies have mobilized personnel to monitor road and terminal conditions, assist stranded passengers and support relief and rescue operations. The PCG has deployed teams to Romblon, Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal and Pampanga, where they have so far rescued and assisted over 8,000 individuals. It provided free rides to marooned passengers, particularly in Cavite and Batangas. The Special Action and Intelligence Committee for Transportation has maintained a 24/7 presence along the EDSA Busway to ensure continuous rapid transit operations and assist commuters. ”The DOTr assures the public that it will continue to closely monitor weather developments and maintain active coordination with all concerned agencies to safeguard the safety of both commuters and field personnel,” Lopez said.






