.png?width=1200&auto=webp&trim=0%2C0%2C0%2C0)
Federal agents raided the Washington, D.C., home of former Rep. Eric Swalwell and seized his electronic devices over the weekend as part of an ongoing investigation potentially related to sexual assault allegations, CNN reported Thursday.
FBI agents reportedly confronted Swalwell at the San Francisco airport Saturday to obtain his electronic devices before raiding his home in the nation’s capital Sunday, those familiar with the investigation told the news outlet.
Swalwell, 45, resigned from his position in Congress in April after multiple women came forward with public accusations ranging from rape to sexual misconduct. Though, he has denied the accusations against him.
Already, the Manhattan district attorney’s office and the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department have opened investigations into Swalwell. The House Ethics Committee also opened a probe prior to Swalwell’s resignation.
The Independent has asked the FBI and an attorney for Swalwell for comment.

The former lawmaker represented California’s 15th and 14th districts over his 13-year tenure in Congress and was the leading Democratic candidate in the race to replace Governor Gavin Newsom. Swalwell had received roughly two dozen endorsements from top lawmakers, labor unions and organizations before he suspended his campaign.
In early April, the San Francisco Chronicle and CNN published reports within hours of each other that contained allegations from women accusing Swalwell of sexual misconduct.
One woman, who once worked for Swalwell, told the Chronicle that the former congressman had sexually assaulted her twice between 2019 and 2024. At the time, Swalwell was 17 years older than the staffer and was roughly two years into his current marriage.
Three other women told CNN they experienced a range of sexual misconduct by the congressman between 2021 and 2025, from receiving unsolicited nude photos to unwanted physical advances while intoxicated.
Among the most serious of the allegations, Lonna Drewes, a woman who knew Swalwell socially, accused the former lawmaker of drugging, choking and raping her in 2018.
Sara Azari, an attorney for Swalwell, had previously released a statement saying Swalwell “categorically and unequivocally denies each and every allegation of sexual misconduct and assault that has been leveled against him.” She vowed to pursue legal remedies “against those responsible for orchestrating this reprehensible campaign of lies.”

It is unclear what the exact subject of the FBI investigation may be.
In March, before the sexual assault allegations came to light, FBI Director Kash Patel had reportedly been pushing to release a decade-old file on Swalwell that contained allegations that Swalwell had a physical relationship with a suspected Chinese operative.
Monday, the White House Transparency Task Force released files under the name “Rusty Thumb” that allege Swalwell had a physical relationship with Fang. Swalwell allegedly admitted he would “occasionally hooked up” with the suspected operative.
Judge blocks the Trump administration from moving FBI headquarters to DC office building
Trump White House exodus continues after Karoline Leavitt’s bombshell announcement
Trump-backed Mike Lindell demands a recount of Minnesota votes despite losing big
Scott Jennings makes public pitch for Leavitt’s job by defending Natalie Harp
Kamala Harris’ Gen-Z-focused account on X takes swipe at Trump’s failed endorsements
Michael Cohen uses bizarre gun analogy to tease ‘impossible reunion’ chat with Trump

