Former Strictly star announced as It Takes Two host is ‘over the moon’ at new role

EntertainmentLifestyle
16 Aug 2026 • 4:55 PM MYT
The Independent
The Independent

The world’s most free-thinking newspaper

Former Strictly star announced as It Takes Two host is ‘over the moon’ at new role

A former Strictly Come Dancing star who has just been announced as the new host of It Takes Two says she is “over the moon” with her new role.

Ellie Taylor previously served as a contestant on the BBC show in 2022, partnered with new main show host Johannes Radebe, where she placed eighth.

In an Instagram announcement on Saturday (15 August), Taylor, who is best known for her role in Ted Lasso and presenting Bake Off: The Professionals, said she was “pumped” to get started in September.

“I am absolutely over the moon to once again be part of the Strictly cinematic universe, and this time, thankfully, in a way which means I don’t need to worry about my heel leads.”

Newswav Malaysia Best News App

Newswav is an online content aggregator and obtains its content from different online sources. The content in the app do not belong to Newswav nor do they reflect the opinions of Newswav and its staff. Your use of this app indicates your understanding and acceptance of this information.

Newswav Sdn. Bhd. (201701008480 (1222645-M)) 2026 All Rights Reserved