
THREE masked men armed with an axe and claw hammer took just two minutes to rob a goldsmith at Sky Avenue, Genting Highlands, escaping with jewellery and gold bars worth nearly RM1.7 million on Monday (Aug 17).
Acting Pahang police chief Deputy Commissioner Datuk Azry Akmar Ayob said preliminary investigations found that the suspects had travelled to Genting Highlands in a car before carrying out the 11.40am robbery.
“Based on preliminary investigations, police have identified that the suspects arrived in a car to carry out the robbery.
“The suspects, wearing caps and face masks and armed with an axe and a claw hammer, took at least two minutes to carry out the robbery.
“All three were then detected heading down from Genting Highlands shortly after the robbery,” he said when contacted.
Azry said police were tracking the suspects based on intelligence and investigations by the Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Pahang CID and Bentong CID.
Meanwhile, a source said police immediately launched Ops Tutup following the robbery at about noon, with the operation continuing into the afternoon.
However, CCTV footage showed that the vehicle believed to have been used by the suspects had already passed through a checkpoint before the operation was activated.
Police are continuing efforts to trace the three suspects, who fled the premises with various types of jewellery and gold bars. - August 18, 2026
.png)


