“I can’t sleep”, Devastated father shares his struggles after witnessing his son in a freak accident

Local
22 May 2026 • 3:22 PM MYT
Wah Piang!
Wah Piang!

Specializes in bringing you stories that make you go Wah Piang!

The father of an 18-year-old Chinese youth, who died in a tragic road accident in Kuala Terengganu on Tuesday said he has been unable to sleep for the past two nights after witnessing the horrific incident.

Father relives horror crash that killed his 18-year-old son
Image Credits: Oriental Daily News

Lamp post crash onto oncoming vehicle

The victim, Wah Han Keong, was killed after a lamp post reportedly crashed through the front windscreen of the pickup truck he was traveling in, decapitating him. The accident occurred when a Volkswagen Golf GTI allegedly lost control and struck a lamp post on the road divider, causing it to fall onto the oncoming vehicle.

Wah Han Keong was travelling with his father, 49-year-old Wah Tee Tun, from Taman Manir towards Kuala Terengganu town when the incident happened. The teenager, who was seated in the front passenger seat, died at the scene due to severe injuries.

Father haunted by horrific scene

Speaking after the incident, the devastated father said the traumatic scene continues to replay in his mind.

“I saw the lamp post pierce through the front windscreen, and blood kept flowing non-stop,” he said.

Teenager had scored 9As in SPM

The victim had completed his SPM examinations last year with 9A’s and was awaiting the outcome of his UPU application. Since early this year, he had also been helping his father with electrical wiring work.

According to Wah Tee Tun, his son’s body was brought back from Manir, Kuala Terengganu, to Kelantan yesterday for cremation. The ceremony began at 1pm and ended around 6pm, attended by relatives and friends who paid their final respects.

He added that the family home has become quieter since his son’s passing, as the teenager used to greet him and his wife everyday.

Follow Wah Piang for more.

View Original Article