Second sack of human bones found in Kangar as police escalate probe to murder case

6 Aug 2026 • 9:55 AM MYT
The Vibes
The Vibes

Featuring breaking news & latest stories from every side.

Second sack of human bones found in Kangar as police escalate probe to murder case

POLICE have uncovered another sack containing suspected human bones in Behor Mali, Kangar, just 31.1 metres from the location where human remains were discovered on July 26, deepening investigations into the case.

Kangar District Police Chief Assistant Commissioner Yusharifuddin Mohd Yusop said the latest discovery was made at about 11am on Wednesday by a 61-year-old businessman who was clearing overgrown vegetation on land recently purchased by his daughter.

"The complainant found several unidentified bones scattered and protruding from an old, torn white sack. The sack was partially buried in the ground and covered by thick vegetation near the boundary of land reserved by the Muda Agricultural Development Authority (MADA)," he said in a statement.

Police also found several items near the sack, including a worn and torn pair of underwear, a pair of shorts and a belt, believed to have been left at the location for a considerable period.

"We believe the bones and items had been left at the location for a long period," Yusharifuddin said.

All exhibits have been sent to the Forensic Department at Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital (HSB) in Alor Setar, Kedah, for preliminary pathological analysis, with the initial findings expected within a week.

Following the latest discovery, police have classified the case as murder and are investigating it under Section 302 of the Penal Code.

Yusharifuddin said the earlier discovery of human bones at a nearby location on July 26 had also been reclassified under the same provision.

Police have urged members of the public who have missing family members to come forward at the nearest police station to assist with investigations.

Those with information related to the case have been asked to contact the investigating officer, Assistant Superintendent Tengku Moh Farid Tengku Ibrahim, at 019-9939200. - August 6, 2026

Newswav Malaysia Best News App

Newswav is an online content aggregator and obtains its content from different online sources. The content in the app do not belong to Newswav nor do they reflect the opinions of Newswav and its staff. Your use of this app indicates your understanding and acceptance of this information.

Newswav Sdn. Bhd. (201701008480 (1222645-M)) 2026 All Rights Reserved