Star Karnival Cuti-Cuti Malaysia nationwide tour targets over 200,000 visitors

16 Aug 2026 • 11:37 AM MYT
Daily Express
Daily Express

Daily Express Online (Malaysia) is Sabah's top-ranked & most viewed English news site. It is also Sabah's leading & most circulated daily English newspaper.

Star Karnival Cuti-Cuti Malaysia nationwide tour targets over 200,000 visitors

KOTA KINABALU: The Star Karnival Cuti-Cuti Malaysia (SKCCM) 2026 nationwide tour is expected to attract more than 200,000 visitors across six states.

Deputy Agriculture and Food Security Minister Datuk Chan Foong Hin said the carnival also targeted over RM1 million in sales while providing tourism industry players with a platform to engage directly with consumers.

Chan, who is also Kota Kinabalu MP, officiated the SKCCM Sabah edition, here, Saturday.

“Sabah was the third stop in the nationwide tour following editions in Pahang and Johor, with Penang, Selangor and Sarawak to follow, “ he said.

He noted that the first two editions in Kuantan and Johor recorded combined sales of RM1.27 million, reflecting encouraging demand for domestic tourism products and promotions.

“The encouraging response at the two previous locations gives us confidence in the overall performance of SKCCM 2026 across all six locations.

“I hope the Kota Kinabalu edition will further increase sales of tourism products,” he said.

The three-day Sabah edition, held from Aug 14 to 16, features promotions and holiday packages from 40 participants, including hotels, resorts, homestays, travel agencies, tourist attractions and food and beverage operators.

Held under the theme “Explore, Experience, Excite”, the carnival also offers stage performances, interactive activities and lucky draws featuring flight deals, shopping vouchers and tourism packages.

Chan said the initiative aimed to encourage Malaysians to explore destinations within the country while supporting local tourism businesses and communities.

“Sabah recorded 2.3 million domestic visitor arrivals last year, reflecting its continued appeal among Malaysian travellers, “ he said.

Nationwide, domestic visitor numbers increased by 7.2 per cent to 74.7 million in the first quarter of this year from 69.7 million during the corresponding period last year.

Domestic tourism expenditure also rose by 15.8 per cent to RM34 billion from RM29.4 billion over the same period.

Chan said the carnival complemented preparations for Visit Malaysia 2026–2027 and Visit Sabah 2027 while strengthening Sabah’s position as a leading domestic destination.

Also present were Tourism Malaysia Deputy Director-General (Planning) Wizani Rosmin, Star Media Group Berhad Group Chief Executive Officer Chan Seng Fatt and Tourism Malaysia Senior Director Mohd Roslan Abdullah.

 

Newswav Malaysia Best News App

Newswav is an online content aggregator and obtains its content from different online sources. The content in the app do not belong to Newswav nor do they reflect the opinions of Newswav and its staff. Your use of this app indicates your understanding and acceptance of this information.

Newswav Sdn. Bhd. (201701008480 (1222645-M)) 2026 All Rights Reserved