
KUALA LUMPUR: Telekom Malaysia Bhd (TM) has completed its migration from Digital Nasional Bhd (DNB) to U Mobile for its 5G services, as the telecommunications group moves to strengthen its converged offering and long-term sustainability.
TM Group CEO Datuk Amar Huzaimi Md Deris said the decision to move to U Mobile was made following an evaluation of the group’s overall converged offering and its potential to create greater value.
“We have made moves to move to U Mobile when we evaluate our overall converged offering, which is to make it more sustainable and towards a larger value creation,” he said at TM’s second-quarter results media briefing.
Amar Huzaimi did not comment on the cost comparison, but said working with the second 5G network operator formed part of TM’s longer-term strategy.
“For us, working with the other second network operators is part of the strategy going forward for our long-term sustainability and aligned with our overall converged offering to our customers,” he said.
TM said in its financial results for the six months ended June 30, 2026 (H1’26) that it had completed the migration of its 5G Multi-Operator Core Network (MOCN) sites to U Mobile following U Mobile’s acceptance of a letter of award from TM Technology Services Sdn Bhd for the provision of 5G MOCN services.
The group said it had issued a further letter to DNB on June 24, 2026, confirming July 31, 2026 as the effective termination date of the access agreement.
“As at 31 July 2026, TM had fully vacated and ceased access to DNB’s capacity, with no traffic recorded between TM and DNB thereafter,” it said.
TM said the operational transition from DNB had been completed and the termination of the access agreement fully effected, while noting DNB’s differing view on the termination.
The move follows TM’s announcement in February that it would enter into a new 5G MOCN arrangement with U Mobile and terminate its existing 5G wholesale access arrangement with DNB, as part of efforts to strengthen its mobile competitiveness and support its convergence strategy.
Separately, U Mobile completed its own migration to its nationwide ULTRA5G network and exited its DNB wholesale arrangement effective July 1, 2026. It said its network had achieved more than 85% coverage of populated areas.
However, the termination of TM’s agreement with DNB remains a separate issue. DNB had previously disputed TM’s termination notice, saying TM had not exercised its early-termination right in accordance with the specific conditions of the agreement, which DNB said remained valid and enforceable.


