Eight men remanded seven days over Banting plantation death

13 Aug 2026 • 11:11 AM MYT
The Vibes
The Vibes

Featuring breaking news & latest stories from every side.

Eight men remanded seven days over Banting plantation death

EIGHT men have been remanded for seven days to assist investigations into the death of a local man whose body was found at an oil palm plantation in Banting, Kuala Langat, on Sunday.

Kuala Langat district police chief Superintendent Akmalrizal Mohd Radzi said the suspects, comprising Malaysians and foreign nationals aged between their 20s and 70s, were remanded to facilitate the investigation.

"So far, there have been no further arrests and investigations are ongoing," he said when contacted.

Earlier, Harian Metro reported that the theft of plantation equipment and oil palm fruit was believed to be the motive behind the killing of the 49-year-old man, whose body was discovered at the plantation.

Police had earlier received a report from personnel of the Public Order and National Security Department (KDNKA) at the Kuala Langat district police headquarters that a man had been found unconscious at the oil palm plantation at about 5pm.

Investigations are continuing to establish the circumstances surrounding the man's death and the involvement of those detained. - August 13, 2026

Newswav Malaysia Best News App

Newswav is an online content aggregator and obtains its content from different online sources. The content in the app do not belong to Newswav nor do they reflect the opinions of Newswav and its staff. Your use of this app indicates your understanding and acceptance of this information.

Newswav Sdn. Bhd. (201701008480 (1222645-M)) 2026 All Rights Reserved