
MANILA, Philippines — The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has extended its free towing service for vehicles that become submerged, stranded or trapped in floodwaters until Friday, Aug. 21.
The extension is intended to accommodate more motorists who may need assistance amid flooding brought by rains from the southwest monsoon or Habagat, MMDA said.
The MMDA said that the service covers vehicles that entered floodwaters or became stranded while traveling during periods of heavy rain.
Owners may request that their vehicles be towed either to their homes or to a repair shop, provided that the destination is within Metro Manila.
Meanwhile, nine vehicles have so far been assisted, which is being led by the Special Operations Group-Task Force Road Clearing (SOG-TFRC), the agency said.
Motorists who need assistance may coordinate with the MMDA through its social media accounts to request towing services.





