Palace: VP asked to cancel her travel authority to Japan

Politics
18 Aug 2026 • 8:19 PM MYT
The Manila Times
The Manila Times

One of the longest-running English broadsheets in the Philippines

Palace: VP asked to cancel her travel authority to Japan

MANILA, Philippines — Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Claire Castro said Vice President Sara Duterte has asked to cancel her travel authority to Japan.

In a Viber message on Tuesday, Castro said in Filipino, “VP canceled the TA (travel authority) for Japan.”

Duterte was initially scheduled to travel to Japan from August 19 to 24 for a “personal trip.”

In a statement, Duterte said her “plans have since changed” and that she had already informed the Office of the President about the cancellation.

She also reminded the Office of the President that publishing her schedule is “a matter of serious concern,” noting that it could compromise her safety.

Newswav Malaysia Best News App

Newswav is an online content aggregator and obtains its content from different online sources. The content in the app do not belong to Newswav nor do they reflect the opinions of Newswav and its staff. Your use of this app indicates your understanding and acceptance of this information.

Newswav Sdn. Bhd. (201701008480 (1222645-M)) 2026 All Rights Reserved