
Kota Kinabalu: A former Sabah hospital director has lodged a report over how confidential information surrounding sexual harassment allegations against him was allegedly leaked to the media and subsequently circulated on social media.
The report was lodged at the Luyang police station, Sunday, through counsels Joan Goh and Datuk Ram Singh.
They said their client, who had been in public service for about 30 years and was only eight months from retirement, was concerned that details of allegations against him had been made public despite no final finding having been made against him by any court, the Sexual Harassment Tribunal (TAGS) or a disciplinary body.
Goh said on Aug. 10, they wrote to the Health Ministry (KMM) questioning their terms for the demotion of their client without any basis and no findings whatsoever that the alleged sexual harassment actually happened.
“Until today, there is no reply from KKM. We had given them seven days.
“We have received instructions to file firstly a judicial review application against KKM and the Government.
“Our second course of action will be against certain parties that it was mere office politics.
“Our client has obviously been victimised in this case because there were no findings. The police has NFA (No Further Action) this case.
Our client is not only affected, even his family.
“We have issued a written statement to rebut the Health Minister’s statement which is premature and inappropriate,” said Goh, adding a lawsuit would follow.
“A separate complaint was also filed with Tribunal for Anti-Sexual Harassment (TAGS) and was heard on July 23 and 24 this year. However, the tribunal has yet to deliver its decision.
“As of the date of our client’s police report, there has been no finding by any court, TAGS or disciplinary body that our client committed sexual harassment,” Goh said.
Goh further said on Aug 15 and 16, the matter was widely published by media as well as on social media, which referred to a Sabah hospital director allegedly involved in sexual harassment, his transfer to an ordinary medical officer post, an internal investigation and a report to the Public Service Department.
“The reports also stated that the alleged victim had been provided with psychological support and treatment and had returned to work in a better environment.
“The use of the word ‘victim’ creates the impression that a finding of sexual harassment had already been made when the TAGS proceedings had yet to be concluded.
“Although our client was not named, the details published concerning the position, hospital, transfer and allegations are sufficient to identify him to hospital staff, colleagues and others familiar with the matter,” she said adding that, similar information had been circulated through several Facebook postings.



